The 7 Steps of Power Washing Concrete Patio
Concrete patios are a popular choice for outdoor spaces because they are durable and low-maintenance. However, over time they can become stained and faded, and may even start to crumble or chip. A power wash is a great way to revive your concrete patio and restore it to its original condition. Follow these simple steps for power washing concrete patio like a pro!
- Start by clearing any furniture or other items from your patio. You’ll also want to make sure there are no loose stones or other debris that could be blown around by the power washer.
- Attach your garden hose to the power washer and turn on the water supply. Test the pressure of the spray by pointing it at a non-sensitive area, such as a fence or tree. You’ll want to hold the wand about 10-12 inches from the surface you’re cleaning.
- Wet down the entire surface of your patio with the power washer, using slow, even strokes. Be careful not to point the spray directly at any cracks or joints in the concrete, as this could damage them.
- Once the entire patio is wet, you can start washing it with a cleaning solution. You can either use a commercial power washing solution or mix your own using trisodium phosphate and water. Use a ratio of 1 cup of TSP per gallon of water.
- Apply the cleaning solution to your patio with the power washer, using slow, circular motions. Let the solution sit on the concrete for 5-10 minutes before rinsing it off.
- Rinse the patio thoroughly with clean water from the power washer to remove all traces of the cleaning solution. Be sure to direct the spray away from any plants or landscaping features that could be damaged by the high pressure.
- Allow the patio to air dry completely before using it or replacing any furniture. Once it’s dry, you may want to apply a sealer to help protect the concrete from future staining. Power washing patio is a great way to revive it and restore its original condition. By following these simple steps, you can power wash your patio like a pro!
Power washing your concrete patio is a great way to clean it and restore its original condition. Be sure to follow these simple steps to get the best results!
Concrete patios are a popular choice for outdoor spaces because they are durable and low-maintenance. However, over time they can become stained and faded, and may even start to crumble or chip. A power wash is a great way to revive your concrete patio and restore it to its original condition.
Power washing your concrete patio is an important step in keeping it looking its best. A power washer can remove built-up dirt, grime, and algae from the surface of the concrete, restoring it to its original condition. It’s also a great way to prepare the patio for painting or staining.
If you’re looking for an easy way to clean and revive your concrete patio, power washing is the solution.